Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Fixture located on the level above showing on the plan for the floor below

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
crigoli
4522 Views, 7 Replies

Light Fixture located on the level above showing on the plan for the floor below

Here's the situation.

I have an MEP model with a linked Arch model.  I have copy / monitored over all the light fixture from the Arch model.  I have set up my RCP plan as an RCP, set the underlay to RCP and everything is looking great so far.  The problem is that, this is the 9th floor and there are fixtures on the 10th floor that are showing on the 9th Floor RCP and I can't figure out what the problem is.

View Range is:

Top: Level Above - 0' Offset

Cut Plane: Associated Level - 4' Offset

Bottom: Associated Level - 4' Offset

View Depth: Level Above - 0' Offset

Playing with the view ranges, I was only able to get the light fixtures on the top floor be shown visually under the ones on the bottom floor.  Any tips on fixing this, what may be wrong?

Revit MEP RCP Issue.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
crigoli
in reply to: crigoli

Also, it's shown correctly within the Arch model itself, however I still can't seem to get it to show correctly in the MEP model.

Message 3 of 8
asommer

Try setting the "Top" at "Level Above", -2" (negative two inches).  What might be happening is the light has a "Photometric Web File" attached to it.  it probably projects to the floor.  if your view range is within that projection, the entire light will show up.  I could be wrong, but I know i have seen this before.

Message 4 of 8
crigoli
in reply to: asommer

No, unfortunately that didn't work.  This is in fact a light source component to the fixture though.

Message 5 of 8
crigoli

Also, this might help - when putting my cursor over the 9th Floor fixture, it is automatically highlighted like a normal device on any plan would.  In order to select the 10th floor fixture which is shown, I have to hold down the left mouse button and drag diagonally to encompass the entire fixture in order to select it...

Message 6 of 8
crigoli

Here's my work-around for now, if anyone has any other suggestions, by all means let me know.

I stopped monitoring those 10th floor fixtures and deleted them from the MEP model.  The fixture still showed in the background because the V/G setting for the linked model was set to show lighting fixtures so I set that to custom and turned the visibility off (since the fixtures are have now been copy/monitored into the MEP model).

Message 7 of 8
julianjameson8403

Have you looked at the familya and ensured all categories are turned on? There may be some elements which extend between floors, similar to the photometric element mentioned by asommer. There may be <invisible lines> used for setting the family spacing etc.

It would be worth experimenting further with the top view range and the View dpeth to bring them lower down into the ninth floor. i.e make the negatiove values larger until the fitting disappears. That might help find out what the problem is.

I'm presuming that you created the RCP using the 9th Floor level and not a 9th floor ceiling level and that your underlay is of the 9th floor not the 10th floor.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 8 of 8
crigoli
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Yes, I created the RCP from the View -> Plan View -> Reflected Ceiling Plan, using the 9th Floor, setting the Underlay Orientation to Reflected Ceiling Plan.  At the moment, the Underlay is set to None, I changed it before to 9th Floor but it didn't help with this issue.

I'll try those other options you proposed when I can, right now I have to get going on some other outside items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report