Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Fixture Center Lines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aacorley
596 Views, 2 Replies

Light Fixture Center Lines

I've noticed that when I place some standard lights (light fixtures that came with Revit MEP 2009), and I dimension them to another reference (wall, other light, etc.) I am able to select a centerline of the light. However, when I created my own light and try to dimension it, Revit does not allow me to select a centerline of the light. How do I create that selectable centerline in a light fixture family? Edited by: aacorley on Sep 30, 2009 2:28 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
simon.whitbread
in reply to: aacorley

The 'selectable centerline' would be a reference plane in the light FAMILY, and this would need to be set as a reference (Strong / Weak / Left etc)
Message 3 of 3
aacorley
in reply to: aacorley

Thanks for the explanation. I see now that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I have the planes and I just tried inserting a light on a regular ceiling in the building and it worked. But they are garage lights and I couldn't select the planes when the lights were installed in the garage. It must be because of the slope of the garage slab. Nothing in the light is perpendicular to the view when it's installed on a sloped slab. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report