Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less painful way of moving/sliding/stretching objects around

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
EddieFromDC
212 Views, 2 Replies

Less painful way of moving/sliding/stretching objects around

Hello,

We have a 4 story building. We are almost at 90% CD (Mech/Elec/Plumb). Now I think client wants to take 18" off each floor/level.

We copy/monitored the levels. I will ignore/suspend whatever coordination alert or notice I will get. I dont want my model to explode.

Anybody doned this before?...Any Suggestions and/or sympathies are welcomed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jkarben
in reply to: EddieFromDC

System fittings are constrained to the level the were drawn from. Moving a level will move the fittings which can result in "opposite direction" errors with the need to delete fittings.

Suggestion: Leave the existing levels as you have them (rename them) > Add levels for the new floor elevations > Move elements manually (reassign straight elements to the new level to verify elevations).

-or-

Move levels and replace the fittings that had to be deleted.

My sympathies,

Message 3 of 3
Thomas
in reply to: jkarben

I've had simalar issues when moving levels with piping before.  It's kind of weird how Revit works with them.  When you move the level the Pipes will adjust the offset to stay in the same place, but the fittings will stay locked. (Or vise vera, can't remember.)  So when you move the level it will appear that all the pipes have exploded, with their fittings higher/lower than the pipes.  I did notice one thing though... After it explodes you can select 1 pipe and just bump it slightly and all the fittings popped back into place.  Revit must still consider them connected and update their location after you change the system somehow or something.  Maybe this will help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report