Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaders...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CoreyDaun
523 Views, 1 Reply

Leaders...

This post was prompted by a project of ours in which much of the building (four large wings) is not at a 90° angle. I know, it's an extremely rare occurrence that a building contains walls at 45° angles. We now have the pleasure of tagging all of the elements in these wings, changing the leader type to Free Leader, and then correcting the Leader's position. I know we can copy a fixed Tag from one element to the next, but that's beside the point. This is not intended to be a rant, but I would rather like to hear other opinions, pro or con.

1. Why, when switching a Leader to 'Free End', does it have to reset the position? Why can't it stay where it was?
  2. We never draw a Leader from the top or bottom of any Tag, and it would be nice to disable those directions.
  3. The Leader boundary ignores embedded Generic Annotations and Leaders cut straight through them to the model.
  4. Combining Tags should be possible - By copies of identical Tags (and info) constrained to the same location.
  5. We need to be able to create custom Arrowheads (like Loop Leaders).
  6. The way Revit defines the boundaries for elements is useless as soon as the element is rotated or oddly shaped. (see below)
  7. I could add a few more, but I'm going to stop here for now.

Leader Boundaries.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.jw
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Number 3 gives me the most heart burn. I design low-voltage systems. The largest thing I put in a building is a data rack. And that's only one component of a bazillion.

The rest of my devices are typically very small, thus almost ALL of my Families use generic annotations of some form to repsent the geometry symbolically.

Having a leader cut right through to the geometry instead of snapping to the annotation is quite frustrating.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report