Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptops for building design suite and revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jlasalle
892 Views, 2 Replies

Laptops for building design suite and revit

I'm looking for laptops with horsepower that can run building design suite and revit 2014 and earlier. The posts on laptops are somewhat outdated. I'm wondering if there are any suggestions or lessons learned that are more recent. We're not limited by manufacturer. Simply want power and value for a machine that won't be antiquated in a year. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
newmanmt
in reply to: jlasalle

jlasalle,

I have been working with Auto desk Revit for a few years now. I have been operating a 16gb system lately. Recently I designed my own build through cyberpowerpc.com for $2300 the image reflects the exact build that I would go for if you plan to use autodesk exclusively. The build below will allow you to seamlessly run revit 2014 models that can at times get quite large. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck. Custom Laptop Page 001.jpg

Message 3 of 3
freebrd1230
in reply to: newmanmt

I am looking for a laptop and desk top to have built...

My question on the laptop, can it support two external monitors?

and what would you suggust to build for a desk top?

I run AutoCad MEP, QuickPen 3D Pipe Designer, Revit and Navis...I run Navis at the same time as the other programs.

I need something that I will be able to use for a few years and not worry about it bogging down with new updates.

Thank you

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report