Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label is inverted

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
auto99
574 Views, 5 Replies

Label is inverted

Someone who no longer works with us created a box with a letter V inside to represent a visual alarm. Some of the boxes are drawn with the letter V upside down. How do I correct that? pls see attached.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bcaudill
in reply to: auto99

Try a couple things.

1) This "should" have an annotation as part of the family. If not, if the letter is symbolic, it could be your problem. Symbolic lines won't orientate properly.

2) If it is indeed an annotation as part of the family, open the family and make sure the text or lable has "Keep Readable" checked in the properties.

3) Make sure it's hosted properly. If the element isn't hosting to the correct hosting element, it CAN do some weird things. So, I would guess in this case it should be hosted to a basic wall.

HTH,
~BMC
Message 3 of 6
auto99

"2) If it is indeed an annotation as part of the family, open the family and make sure the text or label has "Keep Readable" checked in the properties."

Where would I see "Keep Readable"? I don't really have any idea how to get there.

What happen is, it if it hosted on the wall, the text assume the angle of the wall.
Message 4 of 6
bcaudill

If you open the family, it should have an annotation family attached (the symbol).

If it's a wall based element, under the view pull down (project browser), you'll see Floor Plans. In Floor Plans, click on Ref. Level. Click on the symbol and "Edit Family". In there, you should see the symbol. Grab the actual text and go to Element properties and in there you should see "Keep Readable".

If you can't figure it out, can you attach the actual family to this thread?
Message 5 of 6
auto99

I saw that "Keep readable" is already checked.

Pls see attachment rfa for the symbol.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
auto99

Here is the checked box

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report