Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Plan - multiple sheets

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
meaton224
16128 Views, 17 Replies

Key Plan - multiple sheets

I have a key plan that I need to place on more than one view.  Is there a way to have the same floor plan on different sheets?  I don't want to have to make duplicate views for each sheet.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
chris.kershaw
in reply to: meaton224

On my current job I created a jpeg of a plan view & inserted it in the titlesheet family

Message 3 of 18
meaton224
in reply to: chris.kershaw

Thanks.  I will give that a try.

Message 4 of 18
simplexjaevans

You can either place your Key Plan graphic into a Legend view and place on each sheet by hand or import the graphic into your Titleblock family. If you go the Titleblock route use the Yes/No parameter to give yourself control over the graphic from your Titleblock properties in the project model.

Jason Richard Evans | Project Engineer
SimplexGrinnell, A Tyco International Company
6240 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80216 United States
Tel: +1-303-355-0500 | Fax: +1-303-355-0615
jaevans@simplexgrinnell.com | www.simplexgrinnell.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any applicable rights to privilege have not been waived.

Tyco's vision is Zero Harm to people and the environment. Please consider the environment before printing this message.

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
Message 5 of 18
chrissumner

I generally create a generic annotation of the building by quickly picking the buildings outline then creating the generic annotation. This key plan can then be loaded into the titleblock and if neccessary adding zones to identify parts of the building with associated visibility parameters.

Message 6 of 18
meaton224

There are three floors with different key plans so would putting it on the title sheet still work?  Would I need to do the yes/no parameter with that?

Message 7 of 18
simplexjaevans

With multiple floor plans you would definitely need to use the Yes/No visibility parameter for Titleblocks. If the drawing set does not include a lot of sheets I would recommend using the Legend View approach it will take less time and won't require you to create any parameters. But if you have a lot of sheets in your drawing set use the Titleblock approach and control the visibility with parameters per sheet.

Jason Richard Evans | Project Engineer
SimplexGrinnell, A Tyco International Company
6240 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80216 United States
Tel: +1-303-355-0500 | Fax: +1-303-355-0615
jaevans@simplexgrinnell.com | www.simplexgrinnell.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any applicable rights to privilege have not been waived.

Tyco's vision is Zero Harm to people and the environment. Please consider the environment before printing this message.

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
Message 8 of 18
chrissumner

The last one i set up i just used the building outline and included the grid lines because the detail of the rooms was on the blown up plan anyway so if each floor has the same footprint that could work for you. If not you could create a key plan for each floor using the same visibility methodology.

Message 9 of 18
meaton224

Ok - here is what I tried:

I made a jpeg of the first floor.  brought it into the titleblock, scaled it down, and tried some visibility parameters but i can't turn the key plan on and off.  I think I am missing a step.  I am also afraid the jpeg will look fuzzy.  I tried the legend option too and am having trouble with that as well.  The plan is a revit project from the architect so I can't put that into a legend view.  Any suggestions??

Message 10 of 18
CoreyDaun

How is the architect handling the Key Plans? Perhaps you can piggy-back off of whatever method they are using (unless, of course, they are creating individual Views for each Key Plan placement).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 11 of 18
Jason_S

@meaton224 wrote:

I have a key plan that I need to place on more than one view.  Is there a way to have the same floor plan on different sheets?  I don't want to have to make duplicate views for each sheet.

Believe it or not, but I export the floor plan to CAD (Yes CAD).  Bring it into a Generic Annotation family and trace the outside walls with generic annotation lines.  Use filled regions as the area indicators and set visibility (yes/no) to the different areas, so I can turn them off and on.  Don't forget to delete the CAD files once complete.  Save and use.

I then add the generic annotation to the sheet or to a legend view for the sheets.

See attached as an example or you can use it to create your own.

Message 12 of 18
meaton224

Thank you everyone for responding!  I ended up making jpegs and placing them in a legend view and putting them on the sheets.

I appreciate all the ideas!!

Message 13 of 18
benj
in reply to: Jason_S

Hi, I cannot load into project the key plan created as a generic annotation.

It has parametric properties

Message 14 of 18
ToanDN
in reply to: benj

"Cannot load" how? What is the error message? Do you see it under Project browser, families, annotations?
Message 15 of 18
benj
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, it is in the project browser under the annotations family. There's no error message. It doesn't load in the Sheet...

Message 16 of 18
ToanDN

If you loaded it directly in project instead of in a titleblock family then you have to drag it from the browser and drop it on sheets; or create a legend view and place the family there, then place the legend view on sheets.
Message 17 of 18
benj
in reply to: ToanDN

The Dragging directly onto the sheet works. Thanks...

Message 18 of 18
benj

...I'd just like to add (for other members idea) that it's really better to create the Key via the Generic annotation. Copy pasting  to the rest of the sheets should be a breeze, as opposed to creating them in the Legend...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report