Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reason to still be using the Space Naming Utility?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
abulla
447 Views, 1 Reply

Is there a reason to still be using the Space Naming Utility?

Can someone give me a reason why we shouldn't change our Space Tags to read Room name and Number? One of our users asked me why we're still using the space naming utility and I couldn't come up with a very good reason. I can only think if maybe you already have some established schedules, but that would be simple to just change space name to room name. The other reason would be running a heating/cooling load analysis..... but let's be honest, who really uses that?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: abulla

Do you reference Rooms that reside in a Linked Project? You can't really Schedule local elements based upon the Room Names/Numbers in a link - they are still scheduled by the Space's info. Also, there are minor things such as Panel Schedules, which can only reference the Space's Name/Number as the panel's Location parameter.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report