Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it for plumbing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
216 Views, 4 Replies

Is it worth it for plumbing

Is it worth at this time to looking into Revit for Plumbing? Currently we use Acad with a lot of lisp routines to do our drawings. My question is there adequate content to justify making the switch as will as time factors will I end up taking more time drawing in 3d then 2d? Any help on this would be great thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not yet, imho
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If the architects are not using Revit, there is no point.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

It would be a full switch over to Revit. 1'st the Architects & Structure, then MEP (mech, ele, & Plumbing) after that. We have all in house so we would be looking to make a full switch.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

To the best of my knowledge, (and I am not a plumbing person, I am electrical), Revit may or may not have all the functionality yet to provide total plumbing support. It also depends on what type of buildings you typically work on. We do most of our work in the healthcare field, and with all the different types of pipng required, I do not believe Revit can yet provide a total solution. For an example electrically, we do not yet have the ability to create smart conduits that connect to our electrical equipment, nor do we have yet the ability to run point by point calucations, nor can we calculate a small area within a large room, say counter or sink only. We CAN create dummy solids for interference checking, I think. (But whats the point?)

What I do see is that what it works on doing, it does exceptionally well, and am looking forward to the day that the enormous amount of content is readily available "out of the box" and the functionality to match... a "Total Revit" solution. Message was edited by: sschwartz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report