Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Fitting offset for calculations?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
292 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible to use Fitting offset for calculations?

I have a fitting which has a connector with a vaiable height.  I would like to use the fittings offset(height off referance level) in a calculation to set this height.  BUT I cant seem to use the offset as a paramater.  Any way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dennis
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dennis

Great program, but that seems to just be a macro that transfers values from one perameter to another when you run it.

I was hoping to be able to use the offset value for live calculations in the fitting. As in a dimention of the family itself gets altered based on its offset(Im attempting to make a variable height water closet carrier that actually works and I need the offset to make the math go easier)

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

The Offset parameter is added by the project, and cannot be accessed or referenced from within a family. But even if it was, it would function like the Elevation parameter, which appears as Default Elevation, which is a completely different parameter and thus formulas cannot reference 'true' Elevation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report