Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change object styles by offset height?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nicn
272 Views, 1 Reply

Is it possible to change object styles by offset height?

I'm using Revit MEP and I have pipes that are underground, when exported to auto cad they look like anyother pipe. If I was able to change the style of the pipe I could assign that style to be a specific layer in the export so I wouldn't have to later move them and all their parts to their own layer. The best way for this to work would to be able to set a ceiling, and anything below that ceiling would be one object style/sub-catagory and anything above would be another object style/sub-catagory. I don't think this is possible in REVIT, but I also don't understand how REVIT wouldn't have this option. Could someone help me out and tell me if this is possible? Better yet, a way to make it work.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: nicn

The only way I can immediately come up with is to use a Layer Modifier to the Piping Categories, and assign an override to the particular Modifier. For example, if you have a separate Piping System for Underground Piping, you could add the {System Name} Layer Modifier to the Piping Categories and then you could assign a Layer/Color override to that Underground Piping System, listed towards the bottom of the Layers tab (in the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog) under Modifiers > System Name. This may take a bit of playing around, but you should be able to get what your looking for in some way.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report