Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 1.5" duct insulation possible?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dglenn9000
803 Views, 4 Replies

Is 1.5" duct insulation possible?

Can I add/edit insulation sizes for duct?  I would like to put in 1.5" but only have the option for 1 and 2".

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
luna.ye
in reply to: dglenn9000

Hi dglenn9000,

Click Manage tab - Settings panel - Project Units.

In the “Project Units” dialog, select “HAVE” in the discipline. Click the value in the Format column to change the display value for “Duct Insulation Thickness”. The Format dialog displays. Specify Units, if necessary. For Rounding, select “1 decimal place”, click OK.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 5
bmaxwell
in reply to: luna.ye

I used the above steps to try to accomplish the same thing as mentioned in the original post, however when I try to add insulation it keeps rounding up and down between 1" and 2". also need 1.5" insulation among other "odd ball" sizes. Am I missing something?
Message 4 of 5
jtgel
in reply to: bmaxwell

When you go to the HVAC tab scroll down to Duct Lining Thickness at the bottom. Click on it & change the Value to nearest 1/2". I also use 1.5" as it shows up better when printing.

Message 5 of 5
bcal84
in reply to: dglenn9000

If you select the duct you want to add insulation to, the ribboon "Modify | Ducts" tab should show up. Under this tab you should see "Duct Insulation" / Add Insulation. Click Add insulation and a pop up should show up...type in the thickness desired. If you already have insulation added, you can click Edit Insulation and on the Properties tab you can edit the thickness. Hope this helps!

FYI: If you're in a tight ceiling space, I would reccommend showing 3" to account for TDC Joints (unless you have an add-in that already shows your joint connections)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report