Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent "background displays black" outside crop

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dbroad
319 Views, 2 Replies

Intermittent "background displays black" outside crop

On several of our computers (Nash Community College), Revit 2013 has been causing

1) Background to switch to black

2) Entire screen within drawing area to turn black.

3) BSOD

These are in context of editing a project (using the Mechanical Template) that linked a Revit architectural project for a small apartment (very small file).  Usually the behavior issues happened after placing a floor mounted upflow air handler, sidewall diffusers and after using the autorouting of ductwork.

Has anyone else experienced these kinds of problems.

Computer Specs:  Windows XP, 4GB RAM, plenty of disk drive space, NVIDEA Quadro FX 3700 graphics cards.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: dbroad

If you have not already, I would try downloading and installing the latest driver for your video cards.

In the past we have seen odd behavior when workstations have multiple monitors in place, or a large monitor set to a high resolution. These issues are magnified if Revit is being utilized in the secondary monitor, as Revit attempts to use the primary monitor by default. We have also seen these issues if the Project Browser or Properties Palette undocked from the main Revit window.

I would verify that the monitor DPI is set to 100%, Revit is on the main monitor, and the Properties Palette and Project Browser are docked. I would also try disabling/enabling Hardware Acceleration in the Revit Options to see if the behavior changes.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

These particular stations had dual monitor cards but only one monitor.  I was mistaken about the cards though.  They were Quadro FX 1700 rather than 3700.

The palettes were docked.  Not sure about hardware acceleration.  Resolution is typically 1600x1200

Thanks for the response.  I will check to see if the latest drivers are installed.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report