Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insulation

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
revitworkbench
846 Views, 1 Reply

insulation

Ok, So whats the deal with insulation in Revit 2014? I cant seem to get the surface pattern to come out like I want it. Or even change it at all for that matter. My process is to select the duct-edit insulation-edit type-little material button-Graphics-surface pattern-select&Ok. But nothing is happening?? what gives, is this a glitch? thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

There was a recent thread with a similar issue: "Material Application to Duct" in which the OP was attempting to apply a Surface Hatch Pattern of a Material that was defined by the Duct System. Ultimately, we came to the conclusion that the Duct simply does not adopt the Material's Surface Pattern, and this appears to be the same for Duct Insulation, as well.

The solution was to create a View Filter that would specifically apply a Surface Pattern to the desired Duct. You can create the same kind of View Filter, and set the Filter Rules to apply this according to 'Type Name'.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report