Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Invert Elevation in Properties Palette

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2280 Views, 2 Replies

Incorrect Invert Elevation in Properties Palette

I have one project where the Invert Elevation reported in the Properties palette does NOT reference any specific datum, see attached image.

The Ground Floors level is at the Survey Point datum. The Project Base is approximately 13 feet above the survey datum.

What is making the Invert Reference about 182 feet off ???

This is causing an issue with the tag I created that displays the invert elevation. When using the spot elevation, I am able to get the correct RELATIVE and PROJECT elevations for the pipe. The tag is reading this property info which is incorrect.

I could not find a setting to correct the error, I hope it is an easy fix.

Terry

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bvm76
in reply to: Anonymous

the invert elevation shown on the properties palette should be the some of 1 & 2 as shown on the attached.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is the response from Autodesk:

The issue is that the invert elevation uses the hard coded internal z plane which where the project base point and survey point are originally located.

Even though the project base point sets the 0,0,0 point for the project, and in theory moving it vertically (as was done in this project), should change the invert elevation, the invert elevation uses the internal coordinate system.

The startup location (and initial z plane) can be found by going through the following process:

Open a section where the Project Base point is visible.
Unpin it.
Right+click.
Select move to Startup Location.

To fix this issue. Set the Project Base Point on the initial z plane, pin it, and then move everything down the 181’ 8” so that the Ground Level is at 0,0.

The request to have this behavior changed to use the Project base point has already been made with our Development Group, and I have added this case to the one they are aware of so that they know more people are reporting this behavior. Having said that, any change in behavior will require the code for Revit to be modified, and as such, we do not have an immediate fix aside from the workflow I laid out above.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report