Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent elbow sizes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RandMan
526 Views, 2 Replies

Inconsistent elbow sizes

Please see the attached file.  Can someone explain why the "out of the box" Revit drain elbow changes its radius, for the 10" and 12" pipe size?  Apperently it is an error in the lookup table.  The "center to socket bottom" of the 8" elbow is 6".  The "center to socket bottom" of the 10" elbow is 14 13/32".  Between the 8" and 10" sizes, the "sweep" jumps from 75% to 120%.  Has it always been that way?  The "Nominal Radius" is listed consitently for all the sizes shown here (half of the diameter), but the inside radius is actually different for the 10" and the 12" sizes.  Why?

I can fix the csv file, but it looks like that is stored on my hard drive.  What about other users on the network? What if we install a new version.  If this is wrong in the Imperial Library, it needs to be fixed ASAP.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: RandMan

After some investigation, the fittings have been that way for a while. The out of the box content was designed to be generic in nature and not to represent any specific manufacturer or standard. If they do not match what you want, you can modify the Lookup Table to match what you do want.

As for the .csv file location, the Revit.ini specifies the location for the Lookup Tables. You can either send the modified Lookup Tables to others, or put them in a network location and have everyone's Revit.ini point to that location.

When upgrading (or using with different versions) , I would make sure to copy the modified Lookup Tables to the appropriate Lookup Table folder for that version.

The following section of the Help  has more information about the Revit.ini:

Revit.ini

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
RandMan
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks, I fixed the csv.  I can't imagine any manufacturer would switch the sweep radius between sizes.  You can order a tight, medium, or long-sweep eblow in any standard size. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report