Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing ang Exporting Schedules to Revit

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
bluelion
5138 Views, 9 Replies

Importing ang Exporting Schedules to Revit

Is there a way of importing the TXT or XML file back into Revit once changes have been made to the schedule?

ATM I only seem to be able to export my schedules but have no way of brining them back in.

Todd Barry (Mechanical Design Engineer)

Sydney, Australia
Mob: 0438 479 967

E: tbarry@fredon.com.au or toddbarry7@gmail.com

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bluelion

That is correct. Revit's Schedules are a live report of the data gathered from the elements in the Project Model, so you couldn't just be able to import a schedule as a Revit Schedule. If you wanted to bring in an outside schedule, I believe that the best method would be to create the schedule in a .dwg file and then link that into your Revit Project in a Drafting View. An imported OLE object will not come through in Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
bluelion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thought maybe it would be similar to creating type catalogs.

Oh well I guess its not to be lol

Thanks,

Sydney, Australia

Message 4 of 10
bluelion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Once you put the objects in the drawing I though maybe it would be possible to change shared Parameters in a remote spread sheet similar to type catalogs and look up tables I guess.

Whats the issue with not being able to do this?

Sydney, Australia

Message 5 of 10
SashKaz

Hi Todd,

There is a way to export your schedule data to a Excel document, make changes within the Excel document, and then pull that data back into Revit. The add-on that you want to look into is Ideate BIMLink. 

I have provided a link to the BIMLink website. You should have a look at it and check out some of the Youtube videos as well so that you can see a demonstration of how it works. It is a very powerful program that can save you a lot of time with your schedule edits.

http://www.ideatebimlink.com/

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am more than happy to help!

Sash Kazeminejad

Message 6 of 10
bluelion
in reply to: SashKaz

Thanks SashKaz, I will definately look into it. If this wroks you are a legend 😉

Sydney, Australia

Message 7 of 10
SashKaz

Todd,

Please let me know if you have any questions. BIMLink is a powerful add-in and works extremely well. The website and Youtube videos will give you a good idea of what it can do.

Sash Kazeminejad

Message 8 of 10

thanks

Message 9 of 10
atticus.borrie
in reply to: SashKaz

SashKaz,

Do you know if it is at all possible to export URL type Parameters to excel from this tool or any others?  I have been using the free BIMone tool (Link below) to export data, edit and import back into the Revit model.  Works really well for everything except URL type parameters.

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=6290726048826015851&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

Message 10 of 10
SashKaz
in reply to: atticus.borrie

Hi @atticus.borrie,

Yes, Ideate BIMLink WILL export URL data and custom parameters to Excel so that you can edit in excel and import back into the Revit model.

Hope this helps

SashKaz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report