Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported IFC Parameters Bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
subpartner
582 Views, 4 Replies

Imported IFC Parameters Bug?

I'm having trouble with IFC Parameters in Revit MEP 2012.

When the attached .IFC file (the file is attached as a .txt) is imported in to Revit MEP 2012 the IFC Parameter values only display for one of the two Railings. When importing this in to Revit MEP 2010 however, the parameters display correctly for both railings, the correct results also seem to appear in 2011.

This seems to happen whenever IFC parameters share a parameter name. Is this somehow desired behavior or a bug? If it is a known bug, is there a fix or work around?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: subpartner

I'm not very familiar with .IFC files, but open it in Revit MEP 2011 and then see if it's still incorrect if you try either:

1. Saving and then opening the .rvt file in Revit MEP 2012.

-or-

2. Exporting to a new .IFC file and see if that one opens correctly in Revit MEP 2012.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
subpartner
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you.

Re-exporting does not give any better results.

Saving a .RVT file from a correct import in an older version does work, however this wont be an acceptable work-around for the client, as they are delivering the IFC file to a customer that is using 2012.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: subpartner

The only other suggestion that I can provide then is to follow #1 above, but then export as an .IFC files from 2012. I would think that this would format the .IFC file how 2012 likes it. If that doesn't work, I would believe that you may be right about "Bug".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
subpartner
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Looks like it may be, as that doesn't produce correct results either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report