Revit MEP

Mentor
michaelmead
Message 1 of 3 (137 Views)

IFC question

137 Views, 2 Replies
10-08-2013 09:44 AM

Hi, I have some DWG files that need to go into Revit. Ive turned them into IFCs and opened them in Revit. Although the files looked smooth in AutoCAD there seems to be an extensive wire frame style triangular tessalation conversion process from DWG to IFC. This makes many many many more surfaces and edges in the IFC than in the DWG and makes them very difficult and time consuming to work with. My question is there a way to smooth the edges somehow so that the geometry of the IFC becomes simpler and easier to use? I heard that piggy backing through Inventor might help somehow. Anyone have any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: IFC question

10-08-2013 11:14 AM in reply to: michaelmead
I'm wondering this as well. Was this an IFC export from Vectorworks? We've received some problematic models from architects using Vectorworks, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to clean them up. We ended up using a CAD floor plan on top of a very rough Revit model.
Mentor
michaelmead
Message 3 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: IFC question

10-08-2013 12:06 PM in reply to: abulla

No, the IFCs I got were exported from a DWG file..

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.