Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IES Load Calculations

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Srikanth.Raghav
2184 Views, 7 Replies

IES Load Calculations

Hi Good Morning...

After Heat and Cooling Load generation of report from revit 2014, i found error of cooling load density 41.88 (W/m²), but as per the

manual calculation this is the figure134 (W/m²) how can i fix this problem in heat and cooling load report

kindly find the attachment

If you need actual report in form of MSword i will send you !!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ajax05k
in reply to: Srikanth.Raghav

I would advise U not to use heat load calc from revit, its not correct, but u can come close to the manual value by entering the BUILDING Type, LOCATION, BUILDING SERVICE, BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, INFILTRATION CLASS, and entering the space type [space functionality].

but i would not get my hopes up from this, u have to add inner and outer material in the wall material bcoz in revit, it only takes U[Heat transfer coefficient ] value of the wall instead of the taking U value of inner+central+outer wall material. for more info go to this thread HERE

Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 3 of 8
Srikanth.Raghav
in reply to: ajax05k

Are they going to fix these issues in the next 2015 versions, Anyways i got some postive output from revit But the data is very close to manual valves, I have already added material for all the arch elements, presently after exporting to gbxml and HAP the have new problem arised,
1. Actually i have 2 diffrent FFL levels as front and back entrance to villa, here floor type should "Slab floor below grade" in HAP where can i fix in Revit.
2. In the System identification in HAP - Unfortunetaly FCU's are not identified, while i exported revit - gbxml - HAP

Message 4 of 8
ajax05k

I dont know anything about issues getting fixed in 2015, neither i would get my hopes up about that we r stuck with manual method or HAP or Trace.

Firstly HAP in Hourly analysis program right??
I dont think any mechanical element or equipment would be exported through GBXml, its only for exporting the walls, floors, roofs, etc [for energy analysis in IESVE or eQuest]

As far as Slab floor below grade in HAP is considered, would u elaborate more.

Message 5 of 8
Srikanth.Raghav

Here according to the generated report by HAP, find the attachment ( Space properties) for your reference
&
The 2nd attachment ( Analysis properties ) refers you another issue,

How can i shorten the Analysis properties --->  Analytic construction values should be minimized limits (Name is tooo long)

Message 6 of 8
ajax05k

The 2nd attachment ( Analysis properties ) refers you another issue,

How can i shorten the Analysis properties --->  Analytic construction values should be minimized limits (Name is tooo long)

What U R asking is quite tricky

go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit MEP 2013 or Revit 2014\Program\Constructions.xml

First of all make a backup of that file somewhere, open it in notepad, there U will see code written which will form the building construction in revit.

Using the same format as the pre-defined ones add your wall, floor, roof etc. keep the syntax the same, and keep the ID unique. Here is the xml format

<Construction id="ASHIF5" surfaceType="Ceiling">
    <Name>8 in lightweight concrete ceiling</Name>
    <Description>8 in (200 mm) lightweight concrete ceiling</Description>
    <LayerId layerIdRef="lay-ASHIF5"/>
    <U-value unit="WPerSquareMeterK">1.3610</U-value>
  </Construction>
  <Layer id="lay-ASHIF5">
    <MaterialId materialIdRef="mat-AM13"/>
  </Layer>

If u want to change name of your ceiling, first find it in the xml file [use ctrl+F] then copy the whole code bunch like shown above paste it below that and give different name to it, which is maked in red[short word]

Then the characters  shown in blue R IDs which should be unique for every material, so give different characters to them and save it.

but make sure your new construction material comes below same category i.e ceiling below ceiling and roof below roof.

restart revit, u should get shorter names. but if u open the revit file in other system then it will not show your construction material, bcoz there also U have to edit the xml file.

Message 7 of 8
Srikanth.Raghav

Ajax05K,

Today was fabulous reply from side, excelent information, thanks
Message 8 of 8
ajax05k

Srikanth.Raghav wrote:

Here according to the generated report by HAP, find the attachment ( Space properties) for your reference

This is a unique issue, the only solution i can think of is to make 2 different spaces in HAP, having different FFL, [but this is not the correct way to tackle the problem]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report