Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like duct fitting wye in this post. Who ever seen in revit?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
artidth
7222 Views, 10 Replies

I would like duct fitting wye in this post. Who ever seen in revit?

Please advise me where I can look for, or I need to create new one.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: artidth

search Autodesk seek  there are tons of families including wye, doublewye's etc.

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 3 of 11
artidth
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Thank you Kschindel,

I did it but nothing match with this type

Message 4 of 11
HVAC-Novice

is this one of the standard ASHRAE fittings? You may be better off to use a combination of the standard fittings since contractors can make them cheaper and you also have performace date for pressure drop etc.

If you create one out of thin air, you won't have that information, they may be expensive to make (the contractor may make them differently anyway... they have a mind of their own).

You always can create your own family if you really want a non-standard fitting.

I would use one of the double-wye fittings and just manipulate the angles and opening sizes to get something similar.

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 5 of 11
artidth
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Our country always use this fitting, I am not sure that it's ASHREA standard, is it.

Anyway, I might need to create this one for Construction drawing.

Message 6 of 11
tblack_pe

Not sure what version you are using but, in Revit MEP 2012 these fittings are in the standard "Family" library supplied with Revit.  If you are in a model then select "Load Family" and the default location (depending whether you use metric or US. Standard measurements) should be where you start.  Just follow the folders down to the duct fittings.  You will find that there are two different types; one for 30 deg takeoff, and one for 45 deg. takeoff.

Hope this helps!

TB

Message 7 of 11
artidth
in reply to: tblack_pe

Thank you TB,

I work on 2014 version. but for your reply I just install 2012 version and update pack 2 done.

I am looking in standard families but I still not find Double wye like I  post.

Could you please give me that fitting name or folder path?

Message 8 of 11
tblack_pe

I am glad that this appears to be solved.  However, I would like to make one comment; the attached ".png" file shows a duct fitting that is only used as a last resort.  It is costly to make and difficult to balance, and prone to leaks.  You would be better off using two fittigs.  One 30 deg. and one at 45 deg.

TB

Message 9 of 11
truongbao

Hi artidth,

This might be your need.

Message 10 of 11
artidth
in reply to: truongbao

Thank you very much truongbao

Did you create it?

Message 11 of 11
truongbao

Yes artidth,

I based on double wye fitting to create it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report