Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sure hope someone can help me...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
helavagal
416 Views, 4 Replies

I sure hope someone can help me...

I am having an issue with my 2012 MEP central file - one of our users was syncing with the central and an element went corrupt - I was able to save my local file as a recovery - but I cannot do anything with the central file now.  The other users file cannot be used either.

I tried to restore a backup and there are zero backups anywhere on the system.  Can I just copy my local file, rename it and then create new local files?

Thank you so much,

Angela

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: helavagal

I would say open a copy of your Local File, as "Detach from Central", select "Detach and Preserve Worksets", and save the file as a DIFFERENT NAME. This will create a new Central File. Synchronize and Relinquish and then everyone can create new Local Files.

This is what we did when we knew that there was little work lost, and after failing to restore a backup file. If you are not going to lose a lot of work, I think this will work for you. Otherwise, someone with better experience with this should come along to help at some point...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
revitapp
in reply to: helavagal

As I know, central file doesn't like normal files which will have many historic version (.00xx.rvt). So you can't restore it back to some old version. Maybe CADastrophe's suggestion is the best thing you can do.

================================================

Revit Exchange APP STORE (Yeahso)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revit Applications provider[revitapp.com].
Message 4 of 5
markmcmicheal
in reply to: revitapp

Try to run an AUDIT on the central or local file.  This often will find errors and fix them.  To run the the audit, don't just click on the project when you are in the opening window pane that shows the previously opened projects. Start Revit, then do a open project from Folder Open button right under the Projects listing.  When the dialog box opens that lets you browse, there will be a simple checkbox in the lower left hand corner that is Audit.  See attached file.

Once in the past we had to do something crazy like find the most recent working local file and make that the new central file.  Everyone had to create new local files, but at least we did not loose much.

Message 5 of 5
revitapp
in reply to: markmcmicheal

This is good. Didn't notice this before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revit Applications provider[revitapp.com].

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report