Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to create bottom of pipe and centerline elevation tags for pipe.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
joeself
4423 Views, 9 Replies

I need to create bottom of pipe and centerline elevation tags for pipe.

Just got into Revit MEP. We recieved the model from the Arch and MEP.  I need to detail the piping for shop drawings. The only pipe elevation tag is the Invert Elevation. And it looks like it is based on 0'-0" and not the finish slab of the floor I'm working on. Is there a way to create new tags that will do CL and bottom from the floor that it will be installed on?

Also, I'm on 2011 and models were created on 2010.

Thanks, Joe

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jrobker
in reply to: joeself

Try the Spot Elevation tag. You can modify the appearance to fit your needs.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Finally

Someone who does coordination. You may have to get the ARCH/ENG to redo the model or upgrade to 2011. You can always do BOP with Annotations but it will not change with the pipe. It will be stand alone text like 2D.

Message 4 of 10
joeself
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, that is what I started doing.

Message 5 of 10
joeself
in reply to: Jrobker

Tried that also, elevation was 47'-6". I'm on the third floor and it did not work for me.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Using Dynamo to get the Bottom of Pipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN4V2VrHoqs

Message 7 of 10
CADTripper

Hi Joeself,

There are options when using the spot elevation tag, you can chose from the floor level you are working on or from point 0'-0" of the project.

I have also a dynamo file that you can run, it adds the BOP using the default revit pipe tag but it's in 2015 version though. Let me know if you want it and I will be happy to share it to you. 

Ryan Ortega
MEP BIM Lead
Aurecon Group - Dubai, UAE
www.ryanortega-bimportfolio.com
Message 8 of 10
pkolarik
in reply to: CADTripper

Ryan,

Does your BOP elevation pipe tag return a value based upon the survey point at all?

If it does/can, I'd be interested in trying it out if possible. I need a much better solution for tagging pipes in Revit 2016 than spot elevations or the options available with the OOTB "Pipe Invert Tag".

Thanks!

Paul

Message 9 of 10
paranthaman.m
in reply to: CADTripper

Hi Joe,
Can you share with me the dynamo file for the bop.
Thanks,
Message 10 of 10
joeself
in reply to: paranthaman.m

I asked this question 11 years ago. The reply regarding Dynamo came 5 years later. I do not use Revit Daily. Maybe you could start a new thread and someone can help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report