Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVAC Zones visibility

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
BRYANBRAUER1832
2347 Views, 2 Replies

HVAC Zones visibility

I am having considerable difficulty managing my zones.  When working on a second floor plan, the first floor zones are visible, and selectable, even though they are outside the bottom and view depth of the view range.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

Are your Spaces associated with Rooms from a Linked model? If so, have you Copy/Monitored the Levels from that model? If the levels differ between your model and the linked model, your Spaces will adhere to the Room's location, which may not correspond to your Levels.

Also, is the entire Zone showing up on the wrong floor, meaning are ALL of the Spaces that belong to it showing up?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

I solved the issue.  The second floor is only partial.  When I began defining the spaces on the first floor, I started with the portion that had no overlaying second floor, and set the upper limit as the roof.  When I created the space beneath the second floor, I neglected to change the upper limit to second floor.  Despite the space being defined by the linked room bounding elements, REVIT still saw the upper limit (for the HVAC zones, not the spaces) as the roof instead of the second floor.  After I changed the upper limit of the spaces, the first floor zones were no longer visible on the second floor plan view.  Apparently, even though HVAC zones do not have an independent upper limit property, they take their cue from the upperlimit property of the spaces in the zone, rather than the defined upper boundary of the spaces.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report