Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVAC Load Calculation Extension

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
719 Views, 1 Reply

HVAC Load Calculation Extension

Hello,

I am trying to use the HVAC Load Calculation Extension which comes with the Autodesk Revit MEP Suite.

I would like to import a gbxml file, which I created from a Revit MEP2009 model into this extension. What I realised is that not all rooms get imported. If I import the gbxml file in the extension as "default" under the "Pick by gbxml zone", no error message comes up but some rooms do not get imported. In a building with hundreds of room, this could cause quite an issue if not realised. If I use the "pick by individual gbxml space" tab and click then on the 1-1 Living, which is one which does not get imported an error message comes up, saying the there are more than 20 elements and therefore it can't be imported. This is certainly the problem why it is not imported in the first instance.

Please look at the attached pdf for some screenshots.As you can see, the living room has a couple of corners, etc. but it certainly nothing special. I have the same issue with the living rooms in the other appartments.

Has anyone experience with the HVAC Load Calc Extension? Is there any way around the problem? How can I reduce the amount of elements? Is there any auto function to group walls together which are in line but maybe individual items?

Has anyone any feedback to the correctness of the results of the load calculations?

Any response is much appreciated.

vokay
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
StephenRoth41
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello vokay,

Would you be able to email me the gbXML file so I can look at it to see what the issue is? Please email to:

HVACLoadCalc@autodesk.com

Thanks.

Stephen Roth
Sr. PM for Revit MEP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report