Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Rotate Pipe Fitting

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
advandes
2506 Views, 5 Replies

How to Rotate Pipe Fitting

I have placed a pipe tee and now I would like to rotate it 45 degrees up from horizontal. I can rotate the tee at 90 degree increments. There must be a setting that allows us to change this to 45 degree increments....right? Thanks in advance for any helpers..
AAG
Advance Design
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asommer
in reply to: advandes

Don't use the blue rotate symbol next to the size... cut a section in the plane you want to rotate in (looking at the axis of the fitting) and use the rotate button (make sure you move the rotate center to the CL of the pipe). I don't think there is any way to change the incriments on the quick rotate. I use that for valves, and it rotates on the axis of the valve.
Message 3 of 6
andrew.mcauliffe
in reply to: asommer

Yes but his question is still valid. I want the quick rotate button to work like it does with MEP fabrication parts. 45 degree increments that way I can make small changes with revit families in 3D if I want. I have checked mechanical settings and don't see this option, it must be somewhere. Thanks. 

Message 4 of 6
advandes
in reply to: andrew.mcauliffe

Hey Andrew, I agree, it's still valid...I just revisited this issue with V2020 because of your post, and the fittings still have only the 90 deg increment options. It appears that this rotational setting is a set parameter and with some quick attempt at editing the settings, I was NOT able to change the 90 deg rotation to include 45 deg. Even if I could, I am not sure I want to make these edits myself and would expect them to be available OOTB. I have always used the cross section method since my original post. Looks like that is our only option. This should be added to the wish list.

AAG
Advance Design
Message 5 of 6
WM_Ron_Allen

Had the same issue- 

As I was thinking - this is bass-akwards from what you would think- once I set it to 'ALWAYS VERTICAL" I was able to free rotate on the x axis relative to the family (X= pipe axis). Also noticed mirroring pipes and fittings really screws up flanges and connections and changing pipe types.

(Mark as solution if this fixes your issue please!)

pipe=always-vertical.PNG         pipe=always-vertical-45d.PNG

Ron Allen
Ware Malcomb Bim
Message 6 of 6
dfromerop

I've found useful to create slopes representing different angles 10 15 30 45 etc and just draw the pipe using the slope that matches my need. The program rotates the plumbing fixture accordingly.

Hope this works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report