Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify receptacle annotation directly

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
m9905101
1937 Views, 1 Reply

How to modify receptacle annotation directly

Hello, 

I want to insert a new receptacle in MEP. The 3D drawing looks same with the clean receptacle(see the picture)

clean receptacle.jpg

but the annotaion is different. It's a character "N" with a circle(see the picture).

information receptacle.jpg

I don't know if I can just modified the annotaion? And if it can be done, how to do it ? Thanks for replying.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: m9905101

While you have the family open, go to the Project Browser » Views (all) » Floor Plans » Ref. Level. This will open a View in which you can see the annotation symbol, which is a separate, embedded Generic Annotation family. Select the symbol, and open that family for editing. Here you can change the annotation as you see fit. Use the default Label to create your "N" text*. When completed, load that Family back into the receptacle family and overwrite.

*Existing Issue: Revit is not intelligent enough to have annotation text always appear horizontally in vertically hosted families. In order to accomplish that in a simple way, you would have to create a normal "N" and a sideways "N" overlapping, and visibility  parameter controlled with Yes/No Instance Parameters.

Just ask if you need more info!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report