Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Lock Parameters to family types?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
max.a.hollander
2621 Views, 4 Replies

How to Lock Parameters to family types?

I am trying to lock text properties to family types within a single fmaily.  The issue im runing in to is after i creat the family type i can place each type just fine and the text property remians correct, but if i were change the Mechanical equipment i places to the other family type the text preoperty wont change within the project automatically.  i want to avoid having serval family just to have the text property remain constant.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: max.a.hollander

I'm not quite following on you on this one - can you run through an example of what's going on?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
max.a.hollander
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sorry i was a little rushed.

I am working on a template project for our in house Mechanical engineer for an HVAC engineering and construction firm.

I am having trouble with a pump famil i have loaded.  i want the pump to have at least two family type from a single pump family.  I want the two family types bc the data between the two FTs (short for family types) will be different in the schedule.  I want the data from each FT to automatically load in the schedule. example: the hp of the smaller one and the hp of the larger one these two values would be differnet.  Now i am able to set it up correctly and if i load one FT and place it and then load the other FT and place it they will have differnt values.  The issue that occurs if i was to place the wrong FT and change it to the correct one after i place it the data remains the from the orginal and not the corrected.  i am currently not using any formulas.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: max.a.hollander

It sounds as if those parameters are set up as Instance Parameters. If you are aiming to have the value of a parameter dependent on the Type, then the parameter should be a Type Parameter. In the Family, you can open the Family Types dialog, select these parameters, and click "Modify..." to switch them back to Type Parameters.

If you run into any troubles or if my assumption is incorrect, could you post the Family?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

Thank you That was exactly it.  Changing the parameters that needed to change to Type was what made the parameter smoother while switching back and forth between family types

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report