Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to lock down a stubborn fitting.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
262 Views, 3 Replies

how to lock down a stubborn fitting.

Hi,
I have a transition fitting that has the ability to offset some distance the problem is when I nest this transition into another family. No matter how many different things i lock it to it wants to jump around as I flex its offset. I want the one end to stay put (obviously) and the other side to move about as I flex the parameters to get the other side to offset. The side I want to stay locked in place, Ive tried locking to other nested families that are pinned in place, Ive tried locking it to reference planes, I dont know what the problem is. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Nobody?

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Ha! I was just looking at this thread...

Is the rogue component a Shared Family? I've found that they can sometimes be difficult to work with. If it is, can you make a "non-Shared" version of the Family behave?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4

To give the community a better idea of what is happening, would it be possible to post a copy of the host family that's having the issue, along with the steps to reproduce the behavior?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report