Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide reducers?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
moopey
2118 Views, 4 Replies

How to hide reducers?

Hi everyone. I am creating a plumbing system and every time I change pipe sizes revit automatically places a reducer or increase. This is great that it automatically does this, but they look horrible in plan view. Is there a setting or way to NOT show or see the reducers in plan view or when printing? When teeing off in different directions in small pipe I end up with a tee with a reducer on 2 of the 3 sides. This plots out as an unsightly blob. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

-Derek-
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rwertman
in reply to: moopey

I would like to learn how to fix this too.  It looks awful!

Message 3 of 5
cdemars
in reply to: rwertman

You can altering the reducer family so the plan view single line representation is just a line.

Message 4 of 5
egleaves

I'm assuming you are drawing single line in plan view. 

In this situation I have found that most of the time I can hide a reducer by rotating it 90 degrees.

Select the reducer, and then click the "rotate" symbol that appears next to it.  Since the reducer symbol is 2D it will now appear to be  just a line.

-egleaves

ACAD MEP 2014
REVIT MEP 2014
Windows7 64bit

Every cloud has a silver lining; except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90.
Message 5 of 5
bjohnson1

Do you want to still see the flange tick mark on the tee, or other fitting?   If you do, the best thing to do is use a reducing tee or cross and tell each side of the fitting to be the pipe diameter.  Not all families will do that... you have to use the reducing version, which does not typically insert itself when you have that connection to make.     Let it do whatever connection it wants, then swap it out with the other family... load it into the project, and click on it and you should see dimensions on each connector.... just click the dimension and set it to the pipe width.

If you want to blow away all pipe tick marks at connections, whether they are reducers, elbows, etc... so you only see single line representation for all pipe... just go into the family and fix it...  DON'T DELETE the tick marks for the flanges!!!   Just select them, go to your properties ( think element properties ) and turn them to NOT VISIBLE so you can't see them in the model in plan view.

That'll be $10...   ;  )

BJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report