Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to have images visible in 3D and elevation views?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mehdi.Kardehi
1408 Views, 4 Replies

how to have images visible in 3D and elevation views?

Hi All,

Ocasionally I import images to Revit to do some quick preliminary sketches of the mechanical system.

I cannot achieve below with images. Is there a way to get around them?

- Assigning an offset to an imported image

- Having it visible in 3d views and elevation view

Cheers,

Mehdi

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

An image is an Annotation element and only exists in the View in which it was created (and Dependant Views). Since they are not Model elements, they cannot have an offset, only foreground or background.

What kind of image do you need to be visible in Plan, Elevation, and 3D Views? Are you trying to achieve something specific?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for clarifying that Corey,

Most of the time it is a plan view. In very early design stage that CAD and Revit files are not still available we get to recieve handsketches or pdfs to start some designs on. That's when I import them as Images into my Revit model and start adding elements after scaling them.

But as mentioned the problem is I dont get to see that image in other views. The way around that I use is insering the same image in other views but it cannot be done in 3D views and elevation views.

Cheers,

Mehdi

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

A single image cannot appear across multiple Views unless they are Dependant Views. Even if you import the image into a Family or even into a DWG file and then link that in, the image will not be visible. You cannot even copy the image and then "Paste to Selected Views" - it just doesn't work.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sad to hear..but thanks for clarifying Corey 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report