Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: fix your piping system

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
wils02
1570 Views, 0 Replies

How To: fix your piping system

Dear all struggling Revit MEP users,

I believe I have finally figured out how to create a "well connected" piping system, and I wanted to post what I have noticed so that it may help others. 

HOW TO MAKE A "WELL CONNECTED" PIPING SYSTEM:

1. Make sure all connectors are logical in your piping system
  • Return system equipment will most likely be "Preset" and "Out", all pipes will feed into a main pipe and return back to a "Calculated" and "In"
  •  Supply system equipment will most likely be "Preset" and "In", feed from a main pipe, and be supplied from a point that is "Calculated" and "Out"

2.  Make sure all piping is complete and fully connected, this means there will be a non-zero flow value in all pipes

If these two steps are completed, you will have a "well connected" system. Here's the kicker...Revit may not realize it and still give you problems. The "check piping system" tool may still give you errors. I think this is a fault in the Revit programming, flow information seems to get "stuck".

TO FIX THIS (ONCE THE ABOVE STEPS ARE COMPLETED ONLY!!): 

1. Press F9 to pull up the system browser
  2. Select the system name only!!!
  3. Press delete (this deletes the system and not all equipment on the system)
  4. Depending on which system you are trying to recreate, select a connector on one piece of equipment and choose "create a piping system".

These steps seem to flush the system and cause the proper propigation of flow data throughout the system, and this will fix the errors and create a "well connected" piping system.

There you have it! This is the process I use, and it helps me get all my systems set up for the pressure loss reports. Now go forth and complete your systems!

Post if you have any questions or suggestions!

Sincerely,

Wils02

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report