Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit out of the box valves

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
480 Views, 1 Reply

how to edit out of the box valves

I have an issue that I can’t seem to find an answer to. As you are probably aware, the out-of-the-box items for Revit are not always the best. What I’m having issues with are valves. I need a tutorial or walkthrough to learn how to replace the 2d symbology for the valves in the model. I have tried to do it with a butterfly valve and a plug valve, to make them match our standards. This only applies when I’m doing single line construction documents with course or medium detail levels. I can make the valve look right, but the pipe that is connected to it attaches to the valve at the physical point and does not match up with the symbol. I know that what I’m trying to do can be done, because if you use an out of the box valve, the pipe always connects at the symbol ends even if the symbol is larger than the actual valve.

I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

i've included a sample image of a 4" plug valve in a gas line. as you can see the pipe doesn't line up to the symbol. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

In the family, create a Model Line between the two Connectors that is centered within the pipe. Under the line's properties, Visibility/Graphics Overrides, click "Edit..." and uncheck the box for 'Detail Levels: Fine'. If you need to, you can trim the line around the lines of the symbol.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report