Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to draw verticle conduits in the plan view?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
peter57733
5341 Views, 6 Replies

how to draw verticle conduits in the plan view?

Ok so here I am trying to detail an electric room, I have panels transformers and the like right, wellall I want to do is draw a conduit from the connection point with an elbow looking up then place a verticle conduit on the elbow and draw my horizontals to the locations where they belong is there an easy way to do this? when I am placing the conduit the end point elevations are greayed out on the conduit tool menu. Do I have to draw a verticle conduit in an elevation view??? with this software I really shouldnt have to do that it should all be available to me in the plan view.

Thanks,

Pete

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: peter57733

Hi Pete,

Start the Conduit on the Plan as normal. When entering the second point (which will be directly above/below the first), enter the desired "Offset:" on the options bar and click Apply, and it should create a vertical run.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
peter57733

OK so I tried what you were saying, but when I try to add my second offset right above the first I get a Null symbol, should I be looking at the properties menu when doing this procedure? Because there are 6 areas in the constraints box Horizontal Justification, Vertical Justification, Reference level , Offset, start offset (grayed out) end offset (grayed out) It just seems like I am missing something here and it is probably really basic I have browsed through the help menus and the other available information. I am using Revit MEP 2014 would that be an issue?

Thanks again

Pete

Message 4 of 7
peter57733
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ok I just had to re read what you stated slowly and try it step by step and it worked thanks I knew it had to be easy.

Thanks again

Pete

Message 5 of 7
MuirEng

I know this is an old post but I'm trying to follow this procedure in Revit 2023 with no success. I'm trying to do exactly what the OP is asking - bring conduits vertically to surface without having to make sections and draw there. Advice appreciated. 

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
Message 6 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: MuirEng

Why not use a section if it works? Most of us use a combination of views simultaneously and switch between them as needed. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 7
fabiosato
in reply to: MuirEng

Hello,

Funny that the solution does not work for you.

It can be a little bit annoying to have to delete the lowest horizontal segment, but it works quite fine.

Another option, draw a horizontal segment, change the elevation value, and click apply twice.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report