Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to define spaces in a linked AutoCAD file?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Mehdi.Kardehi
446 Views, 4 Replies

how to define spaces in a linked AutoCAD file?

Hi All,

I have made a simple plan view in AutoCAD and linked the file to Revit. Now I want to use that to define spaces in Revit. Can someone please help me how it can be done?

It is pretty straigh forward in AutoCAD MEP but it behaves differently in Revit. 

Cheers,

M

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

Use the "Space Separator" command on the Analyze tab, and then use the "Pick Lines" mode to trace the lines you need (and you can choose to automatically constrain them, too!). As a helpful tip, if you hover the mouse over a line (don't click yet) and press TAB, all of the adjoining lines should become highlighted at once. Click to trace them all at once.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Corey....I just did what you said 

The drawing is on level zero and I defined level one as the upper level of my spaces

But I am not available to export gbxml  and I see attached error...what do you think is missing?

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

I think there has to be some kind of model element in there - try creating a tiny piece of Wall before exporting.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

a bit of pain but it works...thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report