Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a switchboard?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ahkelly
2506 Views, 2 Replies

how to create a switchboard?

I have many switchboards in the building with different lenghs depends on the number of sections needed. For instance, the attached PDF layout is a 14'-8" x 2' switchboard that consists of a distribution panel, 8 panelboards and 3 transformers.  Is there a way to create a switchboard like this in Revit?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jspivack
in reply to: ahkelly

I need the fuse swithchboard, do you have one

Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ahkelly

Hmm... this post must've have been missed! My apologies to the original poster!

Each "panel" portion of the switchboard would have to be an independent Family. If you are using a newer version of Revit, one method of creating this would be to model all of the modular piece as Electrical Equipment: Panelboards, marked them as "Shared", and then load them into a "host" Electrical Equipment Family: "Switchboard" and assembled as appropriate. Once loaded into the Project, each Shared component will act independently as it's own Panel and can be supplied by the same Host Family that it is embedded within. Each of the sub-components will be be Scheduled and Tagged as an independent element in the Project.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report