Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correctly constrain these arcs?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Secttor
1087 Views, 3 Replies

How to correctly constrain these arcs?

So.. I need to make sure that my extrusion will modify through constrain methods with my predefined family types..& dimensions.

Hope someone can help me with this stuff..thanks a lot!

all have been explained in attachment.

Revit MEP - Electrical Certified Professional
Revit MEP - Mechanical Certified Professional

Draftworks.wordpress.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Secttor

The fillets make this quite a difficult task - can it possibly be done without them?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Secttor
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Could be but I was curious how get's done 😉

Revit MEP - Electrical Certified Professional
Revit MEP - Mechanical Certified Professional

Draftworks.wordpress.com
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Secttor

I'm not entirely certain, to be honest. My initial thinking is that you would have to control each endpoint of each arc segment by constraining to the intersection of a pair of Reference Planes. These reference Planes would have to follow formulaic parameters to properly locate the appropriate location for each endpoint, which would be the difficult part.

In regards to the constraining the major arcs, draw them as two separate halves so they can be constrained to the Reference Planes. See image below to see the steps I take to accomplish this.

ConstainedArc.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report