Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine two floors' MEP drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sailaini_415
588 Views, 4 Replies

How to combine two floors' MEP drawing

My friend and I are working for the same project. We have a building with 2 floors. We are working for the different floor in seperate pc. So how can we combine our works together at last?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sailaini_415

Hello, Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

If you are on the same network, you probably should employ Worksharing. Does this work consist of only Model Elements? If so, you should be able to open both Project files and Copy/Paste the elements from one to the other, via "Align to Selected Level".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
sailaini_415
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Is it worksharing monitor? i think it can be downloade from subsription rite? Since my account is student account my seris No. is not allowed to download...i have no idea

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sailaini_415

My apologies - my response was a bit unclear. I didn't intent to say that Worksharing was a solution to your current issue, but was meant to be more of a recommendation that you should be employing Worksharing if multiple users are working on the same Project. However, if you are a student, and that is not within the scope of your lesson, then never mind... Smiley Happy

Anyway, if the work consists of Model Elements, you should have no trouble if you open both Project files on one computer, select all of the Model elements from one (create a 3D View that shows everything), and then paste them aligned to the appropriate Level in the other Project. This multi-user method is not a good workflow, so you may run into some issues. Just post back here if you need further help.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
sailaini_415
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thank you !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report