Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change location line of all different types of walls

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sailaini_415
1689 Views, 5 Replies

how to change location line of all different types of walls

I had a building conductued with different types of walls. When i tried to use filter to change the location line of walls, i found that i could not make it if the walls selected were different type, including materal, thickness,etc. How can i do to change all type of walls' location line to Finish Face Interior?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AJA14
in reply to: sailaini_415

Hi,

I tried it with 3 different wall types of different materials, thicknesses and so on, and I was able to change the location line in the instance properties to anything I wanted. Not sure what is happening with yours.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 6
sailaini_415
in reply to: AJA14

Hi, when i selected all walls, it would indicate "Multiple families selected" like the attachment shown. There was no location line here...

Message 4 of 6
AJA14

Hi,

That's because you selected multiple families together and these probably include curtain walls which don't have location lines. The better option would be isolate category and select all your (excluding curtain walls).
Another thing you can do is create a filter to isolate everything except basic and stacked walls, that way you can change their location lines or visibility states at any time.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 6
sailaini_415
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks!!
Message 6 of 6
Marudhu.V

I think you have been using a Model-in-place wall in your project that's why it indicates "Multiple families selected". Try to exclude the Model-in-Place wall while select walls then the Location Line parameter will work.

Regards,

Marudhu Pandian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report