Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add lighting circuit to a panel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dfer1954
771 Views, 2 Replies

How to add lighting circuit to a panel

Hello

I am trying to setup Electrical systems in Revit, firstly a lighting circuit

I have created 2 distribution systems:

230/400 Single Phase, Phase-Single, Configuaration-None, Wires-2, L-L Voltage-None, L-G Voltage-230

230/400 Three Phase, Phase-Three, Configuration-Wye, Wires-3, L-L Voltage-230, L-G Voltage-None

I have created a light fitting family, added a connector and set voltage to 230 and no. of poles to 1.

I have set the connector on my DB to voltage 230 and number of poles to 1.

How do you get a distibution board to recognise different distribution systems, what criteria does revit use for this?

I have added my light fittings to an electrical circuit but when i try to select panel from the system tools menu I get an error message:

Cannot assign or add 225A, 0V/230V, Three Phase, 3 Wires, wye to circuit.

The voltage (230V) for the circuit is out of range for the line to ground voltage for 225A, 0V/230V, Three phase, 3 wires, wye.

I have tried lots of different settings for all of the above but still cannot get my circuit to link to my panel so any input as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dfer1954

Hello, and welcome the the Discussion Groups! Sorry for the delay of response.

Can you post images of or list your Voltage Definitions and Distribution Systems under Electrical Settings?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: dfer1954

dfer1954 wrote: ...230/400 Three Phase, Phase-Three, Configuration-Wye, Wires-3, L-L Voltage-230, L-G Voltage-None..

Error Message read: Cannot assign or add 225A, 0V/230V, Three Phase, 3 Wires, wye to circuit.

The voltage (230V) for the circuit is out of range for the line to ground voltage for 225A, 0V/230V, Three phase, 3 wires, wye.

The error seems to suggest that it isn't acceptable to assign the Line to Ground voltage (L-G) to be None. If I put a meter on them I'm pretty sure I'd get a reading of 230 Volts. Ultimately the electrical logic has to work for Revit to let us connect families and their connectors together.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report