Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is everyone addressing pipe breaks where one pipe passes over another?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
841 Views, 11 Replies

How is everyone addressing pipe breaks where one pipe passes over another?

This is an issue.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

What exactly do you mean? The gaps that are created? You can turn those off if you want. Mechanical Settings -> Hidden Lines.

Kyle B

Industry Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Thats just it, there are no gaps.If I have a pipe
at 9' and another pipe at 10' 90 degrees to the other they show op as lines
crossing ech other instead of a pipe break. (gap) to show that are not
connected.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
What
exactly do you mean? The gaps that are created? You can turn those off if you
want. Mechanical Settings -> Hidden Lines.

Kyle
B

Industry Product Manager
Message 4 of 12
Martin__Schmid

Sounds like you either have them turned off, or perhaps you have your view view Model Graphics Style set to Wireframe?

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
aschrader

I think the Gap Setting is a joke. If you mess with the setting it then will affect you fitting display as well. Your pipe rise and pipe down symbol are now screwd up.
Revit shows everything, if there is not a fitting it is not connected. It does not matter which is on top. The contractor is going to install it the way they want anyway. Thanks 2 cents...

Here is an example. Maybe there is an ideal setting that I don't know about but I have never been able to get this work properly.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:41:13 +0000, Aschrader <> wrote:

>I think the Gap Setting is a joke. If you mess with the setting it then will affect you fitting display as well. Your pipe rise and pipe down symbol are now screwd up.

Good point. The gap setting should not affect the pipe rise/down
symbols. Autodesk needs to correct this.

Novell....it does a server good!
Message 7 of 12
lfazio

I agree. There are also problems with duct items such as dampers in ducts and fittings.

Autodesk's solution to us was to set it to zero. Therefore, no breaks at crossings. -useless
Message 8 of 12
mtitlow

Have you tried setting the hidden line to 3/128"? This is the closest number I can come up with to work half way descent with both ducts and pipes.
Message 9 of 12
Jrobker

1.The reason is because you have a line weight greater than 1 applied to the pipe filter.
2 Phases are overridden.
3.I have seen some files with glitches. Just open Mechanical Settings and close it.

Usually the culprit is #1.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 10 of 12
lfazio

I was using "7/256" as my final choice. (really) That way you can say "yea, that's a break", or "no, that's a printer error."
Message 11 of 12
Jrobker

o....k....
That's the diameter of a human hair isn't it? Something isn't right, but whatever works.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 12 of 12
alpeshmistry.ms

Where can i find the information you provided for pipe padding?  (style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report