Revit MEP

Distinguished Contributor
plawton5092
Message 11 of 13 (112 Views)

Re: How does autodesk continually find new ways to make revit suck?

11-21-2013 01:05 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Mr. M.:

To further clarify, I was referring to the launch date of Revit 2014.

Are you saying that the wikihelp system worked earlier this year, then autodesk launched a new interface initiative, and that is what pranged the system?  If so, then I guess autodesk might be a tiny fraction more qualified than healthcare.gov, but since autodesk has been writing software for decades, I cannot think of any excuse for them .. nor am I inclined to try.

Thanks anyway

PS: When I tried to spell check this response, the checker did not recognize the words Mr., Revit , or autodesk ...... who's at the wheel at autodesk, the kindergarteners?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 12 of 13 (111 Views)

11-21-2013 01:09 PM in reply to: plawton5092

Well, the world is not perfect, nor the health care system, nor a large software corporation. All I know is that the issue is known and they are working on it.

As others have suggested, instead of talking about why it is not working now, we invite you to use this resource of the forums to post specific questions about Revit 2013. We will be happy to help you if we can. And most of the times, we can. :smileyhappy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Distinguished Contributor
plawton5092
Message 13 of 13 (90 Views)

11-22-2013 09:55 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Mr. M.:

No, of course the world is not perfect, but autodesk keeps telling us 'it'll be fixed in the next release';  over the past decade that has become a sad joke, so most folks have become content with mediocrity in certain American products.  I am ashamed that autodesk is an American company - the rest of the world sees them as a textboook example of capitalist thievery, and as Americans, that reflects poorly on us, while fuelling those who argue against capitalism.

My original quest began when I looked for a basic outline of rendering in Revit.  Having to come to the discussion group, post a question, wait for an answer, then go to google to see a video in Chinese, really seems like too much for a simple overview.  I am very familiar with rendering in AutoCAD and in 3DSMax, so I was hoping for a simple step-wise discussion in the Help menu.  However, that no longer matters, as I will do the work in 3DS Max.

Thanks anyway

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.