Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you rotate on the Z axis?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mdugan
7808 Views, 4 Replies

How do you rotate on the Z axis?

Hello, I am new to Revit so I am trying to learn this all from scratch.

I am trying to rotate the wye joint so the end that isn't connected goes up to the 2nd floor and connects to the duct above. How do I go about doing that or am I doing it all wrong haha.

Rotate Z axis.png

Tags (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
abulla
in reply to: mdugan

You've got the right idea, just select the fitting and you should see some rotate symbols that you can click to get the fitting to point up. See pic.

duct grips.PNG

Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun

If you select the fitting, an array of little icons will appear. Two of the icons will look like arrows pointing in a circle. By click these you can rotate the element 90° clockwise or counter-clockwise. See image below.

Alternatively, you can draw the duct in a Plan or Section View, which will create the default Tee Fitting when the perpendicular duct is connected. You can then select the Tee and change it's Type to a Wye Fitting using the Type Selector at the top of the Properties Palette.

RotateWye.JPG

*This image was captured in Revit MEP 2012.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
mdugan
in reply to: abulla

Thanks! Thought I tried clicking the arrows before but guess not.

Message 5 of 5
julianjameson8403

Are you formerly from an AutoCAD MEP or CADDuct background? If so - best to forget your whatever you learnt about drawing in those packages as modelling in Revit is a different process.

The simplest way to do this is model in section.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report