Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove the ground wire in a circuit?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
p_bergsieker
2843 Views, 13 Replies

How do you remove the ground wire in a circuit?

I have a utility transformer feeding a panel. The circuit feeding this panel should have 3 Hot & 1 Neutral. But Revit is adding a ground wire that I do not want. I have tried everything, including unchecking the ground check box, defined a 3 wire system, etc.

Any ideas?

The reason why I need this information is I am providing the contractor with a wire schedule for circuits that have been upsized due to voltage drop. The ground wire is showing up in the schedule and I do not want the contractor to pull the wire Revit is forcing me to use.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
sparkie001
in reply to: p_bergsieker

I know this doesn't answer your question but aren't those conductors provided and installed by the utility?  The contractor would only be concerned with the conduit.

Message 3 of 14
p_bergsieker
in reply to: sparkie001

Without filling up the discussion group with extraneous details of a specific job, I was trying to make the question as simple as possible. (Utility to CT, CT to Building)

So, how can you remove an unwanted ground wire?

Message 4 of 14
CoreyDaun

I, too, would like to be able to remove the ground wire. With the latest Revit MEP 2012 Update, you can set the number of conductors to zero. However, this only seems to effect the tick marks for the wire annotation and doesn't in any way affect the circuits' properties. These "annotation" wires cannot be scheduled. I don't see a possibility of accomplishing this as of now...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 14
p_bergsieker
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Dear Autodesk,

Can you add a column and a check box under wiring types so that we can add and remove ground wires? Similar to Neutral wire.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 14
p_bergsieker

Bump me up , Scotty.

Message 7 of 14
CoreyDaun

Useth this Link. Autodesk Support/Feedback will perhaps "log it in". This link was referred to me by Autodesk's Chris.Aquino in this forum.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 14
bowley987

Go down to the Wires families. 

Right click and edit one of the existing families. 

Do a saveas and name it whatever you want. 

Delete the tick mark. Import it into your project.

Click on the Manage pulldown.

MEP Settings

Electrical Settings

Click on wiring

Where is says ground wire tick mark and neutral wire tick mark, hit the pulldown on the right.  your new family defined as with no tick mark should be in that list.

Hit OK.

Message 9 of 14
p_bergsieker
in reply to: bowley987

That is the correct method for removing the ground wire tick mark, but the ground wire still exists in the circuit. I have attached the schedule I am using and the properties of the circuit in question to help clarify what I am talking about. Thanks for the post, it is still valuable information if you are more concerned with the graphics of wiring.

Message 10 of 14
rickross96

I need to be able to romve the ground in my schedule also. Did anyone answer this question?

Message 11 of 14
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rickross96

It is currently not possible to remove the ground wire (not referring to the wire tick mark). I reported this with Autodesk Feedback/Support, who then confirmed this and "logged it in".

Message 12 of 14
p_bergsieker
in reply to: rickross96

Negative.

I sent a message to the support/feedback regarding this. CADastrophe posted a link to the site(SEE ABOVE). I would recommend anyone who sees this as a problem to go to the link and comment on the need to be able to manipulate the ground wire, similar to the Neutral check box in the electrical settings under wire types. The more emails they get about it, the more they will realize the issue and hopefully it will be included in an update or be released in 2013 with your help. Good luck!

Sorry I couldn't help you further.

Message 13 of 14
Jrobker

Your right. Let them know. You would be surprised. it's a Win win. Pass it on. Thank you.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 14 of 14
Henry007
in reply to: CoreyDaun

There is the way to do it.  I done it before.  But for a long times I never play with the Wiring.  Sorry I forgot guys.  But I still working on it, soon I have an answer, I’ll get back you all user.  For now, I think you guys/Revit user should use Annotation.

PS.  Need to look for my Noted now.

ThanksSmiley Mad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report