Revit MEP

Revit MEP

Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 1 of 14

How do you remove the ground wire in a circuit?

1096 Views, 13 Replies
08-22-2011 02:38 PM

I have a utility transformer feeding a panel. The circuit feeding this panel should have 3 Hot & 1 Neutral. But Revit is adding a ground wire that I do not want. I have tried everything, including unchecking the ground check box, defined a 3 wire system, etc.

Any ideas?

The reason why I need this information is I am providing the contractor with a wire schedule for circuits that have been upsized due to voltage drop. The ground wire is showing up in the schedule and I do not want the contractor to pull the wire Revit is forcing me to use.

Thanks!

Contributor
23 Posts
3 Kudos
Post 2 of 14

Re: How do you remove the ground wire in a circuit?

08-22-2011 07:27 PM in reply to: p_bergsieker

I know this doesn't answer your question but aren't those conductors provided and installed by the utility?  The contractor would only be concerned with the conduit.

Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 3 of 14

08-23-2011 08:32 AM in reply to: sparkie001

Without filling up the discussion group with extraneous details of a specific job, I was trying to make the question as simple as possible. (Utility to CT, CT to Building)

So, how can you remove an unwanted ground wire?

*Expert Elite*
3,488 Posts
999 Kudos
Post 4 of 14

08-23-2011 12:18 PM in reply to: p_bergsieker

I, too, would like to be able to remove the ground wire. With the latest Revit MEP 2012 Update, you can set the number of conductors to zero. However, this only seems to effect the tick marks for the wire annotation and doesn't in any way affect the circuits' properties. These "annotation" wires cannot be scheduled. I don't see a possibility of accomplishing this as of now...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 5 of 14

08-24-2011 06:30 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Dear Autodesk,

Can you add a column and a check box under wiring types so that we can add and remove ground wires? Similar to Neutral wire.

Thanks!

Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 6 of 14

08-29-2011 11:05 AM in reply to: p_bergsieker

Bump me up , Scotty.

*Expert Elite*
3,488 Posts
999 Kudos
Post 7 of 14

08-29-2011 11:17 AM in reply to: p_bergsieker

Useth this Link. Autodesk Support/Feedback will perhaps "log it in". This link was referred to me by Autodesk's Chris.Aquino in this forum.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
1 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 8 of 14

08-30-2011 08:53 AM in reply to: p_bergsieker

Go down to the Wires families. 

Right click and edit one of the existing families. 

Do a saveas and name it whatever you want. 

Delete the tick mark. Import it into your project.

Click on the Manage pulldown.

MEP Settings

Electrical Settings

Click on wiring

Where is says ground wire tick mark and neutral wire tick mark, hit the pulldown on the right.  your new family defined as with no tick mark should be in that list.

Hit OK.

Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 9 of 14

08-30-2011 11:33 AM in reply to: bowley987

That is the correct method for removing the ground wire tick mark, but the ground wire still exists in the circuit. I have attached the schedule I am using and the properties of the circuit in question to help clarify what I am talking about. Thanks for the post, it is still valuable information if you are more concerned with the graphics of wiring.

9 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 10 of 14

10-25-2011 01:32 PM in reply to: p_bergsieker

I need to be able to romve the ground in my schedule also. Did anyone answer this question?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!