Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move project base point to match architects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dglenn9000
3544 Views, 2 Replies

How do I move project base point to match architects

I have watched a few videos on this but all seem to be geared torwards architects and not MEP who have to keep moving our models around to match the architects.  How can I move the projects base point?  Is there a way to do this and have all (most) of our work move with it?

If linking by coordinates our model lines up, if linking by origin to origin it doesn't and apparently the arch wants to link via origin to origin.

Please help, Thanks!

Edit:  If I toggle the hide/unhide button at the bottom of the screen. I can see where the project base point is. I do not see the archs project base point however but in theory, if I move mine to the match the archs should this solve the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dglenn9000
in reply to: dglenn9000

I figured out how to line up the basepoints.  Please take a look at the screen shot below.  the images on the left is the archs model and the right one is mine. The problem is when the arch links in my model via origin to origin it is rotated 90deg.  To fix this I aligned the base points and rotated true north 90 deg and the results in the second set of images below is how the orientation looks in each model but when I link in the mep model into the arch via origin to origin, it is still rotated 90 deg.  Please note the 270 deg in the 4th image is different than it appears in the archs.

What am I doing wrong.  Thanks 

project base point.jpg

Message 3 of 3
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: dglenn9000

We had problems with models not aligning. We moved our project basepoint to match the arch model, according to dimensions from project base point to nearest gridlines (in our case XA and X1). Once we had 'unclipped' the PBP in our model, and moved it to the correct distances from XA and X1, we repinned it and then edited the PBP to 0,0,205' to match the settings of the Arch model PBP. See the attached. There is also Autdesk University on-line learning (AB118-3) on the topic of shared coordinates.

Diane M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report