Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create intelligent lighting contactor schedules in Revit 2013?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeborowski
1079 Views, 2 Replies

How do I create intelligent lighting contactor schedules in Revit 2013?

I have Lighting Control Panels down but what if we are using contactors which would need to be scheduled?  I am thinking I will have to create a parameter within my branch lighting panel schedules which can indicate the use of contactor for control. I would then need to create a new schedule for each contactor which would look in the panels for applicable circuits. I am not sure how to achieve this.

Any suggestions or ways your firms are handling this?

Janet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jeborowski

Welcome to the Discussion Groups, Janet!

It's tough to accomplish the more complicated tasks such as this in Revit, and any such method would include a lot of improvising and manual work. Revit itself isn't terribly capable yet, as it's not even capable of creating a 3W light switch.

Aside from that, I did kinda rig together something similar in the past. I used Switch Systems to do it, since they can pull both Switch Leg and Circuit Information. I added a Project Parameter (Yes/No, Instance) to Switch Systems to act as a designation that it would be scheduled as a contactor/relay. I don't have too much useful info I can provide, unfortunately. It'll take some playing around to achieve exactly what you want.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
jeborowski
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey,

Thanks for the info.

I can always add a column to my branch panel schedule which indicates control type for each circuit as I have already done that in the past.

Maybe I can then do an equipment schedule for contactors which would contain voltage, coil voltage, poles, control means (photo, timeclock, etc..).  I should be able to pull all of that information from the contactor if I add family parameters.

How is everyone else doing this in Revit???

Janet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report