Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make equipment NOT take on the graphic overrides of the system?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dbillion
2060 Views, 2 Replies

How can I make equipment NOT take on the graphic overrides of the system?

Up until 2012, Our Mechanical Equipment would display Blue with thick lines.  The Mechanical Clearance Subcatagory in the Equipment was Yellow, thin and Dashed.  Our Air Terminals also had a specific color.

In 2012, we created a High Pressure duct system which displays one color, a Low Pressure duct system which shows another, and a return system which shows another color.

When I created a low pressure ductwork system, the duct, air terminals and VAV box all turned the color specified for Low Pressure duct system.  I don't want the equipment or terminals to change color.

I created a filter in the view for all Air Terminals to display the desired color - Magenta.

I created a filter in the view for all Mech Equipment to display its desired color - Blue.

I can't get the Maintenance Clearance subcatagory to return to Yellow.

How do I connect equipment to a system without the graphics of the equipment to be overriden by the system?

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dbillion

Use filters to control the color of the systems, not the system override. That way, you can specify that only the ducts will change color. The way you are describing it, you are using filters to override the override. Let me know if you need more info.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
dbillion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That worked.

Thanks!

Somehow, I figured that we could get away from filters by making the system a certain color. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report