Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I edit Graphic issues with View Disciplines?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
davebillion
1553 Views, 3 Replies

How can I edit Graphic issues with View Disciplines?

I'm working in Revit MEP 2012.  When I have a view's discipline set to Coordination, linked architecture, lighting, and other non-Mechanical elements show as boldly as my duct, piping and mechanical equipment.

When I switch the view's discipline to Mechanical, all non-mechanical items (walls, lights, generic models, etc) fade into the background (half-tone) as desired, but switch to a dashed line.  This happens regardless of Phase (Existing, demolition or new work).  Switching the elements' linetypes in Visibility/Graphics overrides to Solid doesn't fix the problem.

Where do I edit the graphics displays of non-mechanical elements in Mechanical views, non-electrical elements in Electrical views, etc?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: davebillion

You cannot edit the discipline-based visibility alteration, they're set in stone. However, if your out-of-discipline elements are changing to a dashed line, that is a separate issue. Perhaps they are hidden? Could you provide a little more info on the situation, perhaps some images of the View and the View's Properties?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

This could potentially also be a view range issue with the beyond linestyle being set to dashed. If the View Depth is set below the bottom cut plane then the beyond linestyle domes into play

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 4

It is connected with Underlay. When you change Underlay settings, you change the background lines properties for disciplines like MEP. In my opinion it is a very bad system, because it can interfere between work of architect and MEP designer. If you want to avoid that, you need to have disciplines linked to your central file.

Underlay.PNG

Maciej Musialek
Revit Architecture Certified Professional
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/d28f576e-0bbe-4912-a4bc-fe604e3276c9/public_url
If you find my post helpful, feel free to give a Kudo. If it solves the problem, feel free to click Accept Solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report