Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How assign a distribution system to a component ?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Leon81
1253 Views, 6 Replies

How assign a distribution system to a component ?

Hello everyone, I am discovering electrical systems in Revit. When I want to assign a distribution system to a component, there is none in the list box. Can someone help me?

Thank you ( i'm french sorry for my english)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Leon81

First off - make sure that the Electrical Equipment Family has an Electrical Connector. Under the Properties of the Primary Connector, you will see parameters that control everything from Voltage to Number of Poles. You can enter values for the parameters, but if you intent to have varying values for these then you will have to link them to Type or Instance Parameters.

If you try and cannot fix this, then post the Family file and we can take a peek.

If any of this is over your head, you don't understand, or if you just need more information, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Leon81

Ok thanks, when you create electrical systems, you have red dotted wires but they don't have the right position, so should I make wires myself ?

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

You can either completely draw it yourself or you can generate the automatic layout to use as a starting point. You can delete and draw wires however you wish.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
bluelion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

What are poles for? LOL

I always thought poles where for motor speed or the number of space avaible in a switchboard?

Todd Barry (Mechanical Design Engineer)

Sydney, Australia
Mob: 0438 479 967

E: tbarry@fredon.com.au or toddbarry7@gmail.com

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bluelion

In Revit, "Number of Poles" is a unit of measurement and a specific type of data that is used in a number of ways in Revit, such as determining the number of Phases in an electrical panel. Although, the number of available circuits in an electrical panel is controlled by the "Max #1 Pole Breakers" parameter.

Message 7 of 7
bluelion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

You will have to excuse my lack of understanding of electrical engineering, is this a US thing? I have never heard the term used in Australia so I must admit I am confused.

If I assign "1 pole" to an electrical connector, for say a fan, does that make it "1 phase" power supply?

Generally in Australia we use "single phase" 240 Volt or "3 phase" 415 Volt never use the term pole unless talking about available breakers in a swtchboard.

Todd Barry (Mechanical Design Engineer)

Sydney, Australia
Mob: 0438 479 967

E: tbarry@fredon.com.au or toddbarry7@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report